The first watermelon sock is finished. The yarn is a dk weight. I casted on 48 stitches and knit on US size four dpns. I am not used to the heavier weight yarn and after I finished the toe I realized the foot was too short. I had to take the toe back out, add an extra half-inch to the foot length and re-do the toe. Now it is perfect. I had originally finished the length to the fingering weight measurement I always use. It didn't work due to the smaller number of stitches I was working with. Oh well, all is good now. The new sock blocker was purchased here.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Posted by Susan B. Anderson at 6:05 AM